Sunday, February 13, 2011

SUPER Cute Atlas Map/Vintage Modern/Rustic Themed Wedding Invitation

Introducing my newest custom creation, The Miriam Collection! A SUPER cute pocket-fold wedding invitation set with an Atlas Map/Vintage Modern/Rustic Theme.  Client statement: "As for graphics, the scrolls are pretty as well as lace or anything a little vintage, southern, or feminine.  I'm not a girly-girl by any stretch but for some reason, planning this wedding has brought out insane levels of repressed feminism in me that apparently hasn't been unearthed since I was a child wearing pink rompers!".
{How the design process started} My client provided me with her inspiration board and possible color choices and pretty much told me to "go for it"!  Music to my ears of course! She also loved my sense of color and said to use whatever colors I wanted.   So, with the inspiration board at hand, some research on her venue, and some insight on her personality, it all started to come together and the design went in the direction of whimsy and rustic, with touches of "girl" (Does that make any sense...?  Who knows, but that's what I call it!).
The rustic touches play into part with their wedding and reception being held outdoors in the meadows of the T-Lazy-7 Ranch in Aspen, Colorado.  Don't want to get you too excited but check out this amazing photo of the place! Photo by Rebecca Driscoll, 2008.
Working off an Atlas theme with vintage feel, I was dying to add fun little "accents" specific to this couple and their wedding location!  The airplanes, the birds, and the map overlay are all symbolic of the couple and their wedding location. For graphics, I digitally manipulated a county map of Colorado and artistically located the venue's location on the map with an airplane flying into Pitkin County! A stylish font type to match the venue, the Colorado state bird (the Lark Bunting) to symbolize the "love birds" and to reflect the CO wedding locale, a directional compass to highlight the Atlas theme, airplanes to reflect the couples world travel, and hearts to symbolize their LOVE!  FUN FUN FUN!
This wedding invitation set is a pocket-fold style invite with 3 total cards and 2 envelopes in the set - Invite, RSVP, and a Directions card. It comes with a custom mailing address label wrap, custom envelope liner, custom matching address label for RSVP envelope, and a custom personalized monogram detail. The entire set is a matte finish product but can be upgraded to a metallic finish for additional charge. More enclosure cards can be added to the set as well for additional charge - Reception card, Transportation card, Information card, etc Shop at My Lady Dye.
If you're a bride who wants to "theme" your wedding but do not know how to go about it, I recommend to think about your "likes" and reflect on your personality and your fiance's personality. This way, you can't go wrong and it all totally makes sense! As for my client, she and the fiance are avid world travelers, so the Atlas theme makes sense. 

All the fun and personal touches can be modified to fit any bride's wedding details!  For example, if you're getting married in The Outer Banks, North Carolina, I can re-vamp the graphics and all the little touches to fit your destination, venue, locale, and personalities!  This custom design was truly a fun project and definitely inspired me to do some more "collage" type work/designs. In this design my collage style is used to reflect a vintage feel.  I hope this design inspires you for your wedding and gets you excited to use My Lady Dye as your Designer. Contact me anytime so we can start on your custom invitations!  Hear from you SOON!!! Choa!

P.S. 
View Photos of My Work - www.flickr.com/photos/myladydye
Credentials/Client Reviews - www.weddingwire.com/MyLadyDye
Bride's Choice Awards 2010 and 2011 - WeddingWire
***My Lady Dye is a featured "Spotlight" vendor on WeddingWire, Martha Stewart, Weddingbee, Project Wedding, Pingg, Celebrations, Wedding Aces, Bridal Buds, & Best City Weddings!***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad you enjoyed my blog! Follow my work on facebook! See you again soon!

Popular Posts

Inspiration Board Designed By My Lady Dye

How Peachy!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...